|Guess Seductive I'm Yours Eau De Toilette 1.7 oz|
For me, fragrance has a job to do. It has to provide either comfort, mystique, glamour, nostalgia , or make me feel more alluring when I wear it.
I can't remember the exact time or place I picked up my bottle, but it was probably after reading that it was an affordable oriental-patchouli scent worth trying. Normally, I consider Guess a brand name for the younger crowd, but I had to smell the patchouli for myself.
The Bottle Design Is Ultra CuteThe design of the bottle is both elegant and cute at the same time. The weight is substantial and well balanced. It sits beautifully with no fear of tip over. It's a little hard to see the whimsical pink fishnet detail on the back of the bottle. The scent liquid itself is pink. The attached charm is very girly and fun. I love the bottle on this fragrance.
Guess Seductive I'm Yours Perfume NotesAccording to the online scent fairies, Guess Seductive I'm Yours is classified as an Oriental fragrance with the following notes:
- Top Notes -Passion fruit, peony
- Middle Notes-Lily, Orchid, Magnolia, Tiare flower
- Base Notes-Patchouli, musk, vetiver, vanilla, woods
My Real Time Fragrance Experience
- Sniffing The Nozzle-When I take off the cap and take a sniff, the first thing that hits me is a woodsy musk; not unlike a men's cologne. It reminds me of vintage Aqua Velva, no kidding.
- On First Spray-Kapow, licorice! My poor confused nose smells nothing but licorice. After a few seconds, the passion fruit and floral notes begin to blossom forth. Gorgeous.
- After 15 Minutes-It gets very interesting here. The passion fruit is still there, but underneath I get fresh, green floral notes. I can't pinpoint any one floral note as they blend completely with the passion fruit. At this stage, it's a fruity-floral.
- After 30 Minutes-Although I can still smell the passion fruit, it is fading a little and the musk notes are beginning to appear. I get a sour note of something mixed in with the musk.
- An Hour Later-As I smell my wrist an hour later, I swear I smell tuberose although I know it isn't one of the notes in this fragrance. It is more woodsy now, but that passion fruit is tenacious and turns my scent to marshmallow. What happened patchouli? Where did you go?